ISC and ICSE CURRICULUM
The Indian School Certificate (Year-12) Course provides, through the medium of English, a curriculum for a two – year course of study beyond the ten-year school curriculum leading to an examination conducted by the Council for I.S.C. Examinations, New Delhi ( CISCE hereafter ) and is recognized as the equivalent of the two – year Pre-University Course in various states, including Karnataka.
The course for study in Science and Commerce is so designed that the students, at the end of Std.12 are in a state of preparedness to attempt various competitive examinations, particularly in Engineering, Medicine, Accounting and Management.
The syllabus in English and other elective subjects are prescribed separately for Standards 11 and 12. The syllabus for Std.11 will be examined INTERNALLY by the School and the syllabus for Std. 12 will be examined EXTERNALLY by the CISCE.
The following subjects are offered at present:
Compulsory Subjects :
Elective Subjects :
|Science Stream||Commerce Stream||Humanities Stream|
Socially Useful Productive Work and Community Service ( Assessed Internally ).
Note : All students must offer four elective subjects.
Application to std. 11 is open to boys and girls who have been awarded pass certificates in the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) or an equivalent High school Examination approved by the CISCE.
Note : No student’s admission can be confirmed without a Transfer certificate from the school last attended.
Eligibility For Admission
General Regulations :
The ISC course is under the school system and as such, the school calendar will be followed for all functions. The daily school routine will also be followed by the ISC students.
- Students are expected to be punctual and regular in their attendance at lectures. They must stay within the campus until they finish all their classes during the morning and the afternoon sessions.
- Students are required to wear the prescribed school uniform.
- Each school day begins with corporate prayer in assembly when the students are reminded that “The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom”. The school motto is “Our utmost for the Highest”.
- School hours: 8:00 a.m.to3:00 p.m.
- Lunch Break : 12:00 p.m. to 12:25p.m.
ICSE CURRICULUM :
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Year 10) Course provides through the medium of English, a curriculum for ten years duration (Classes I – X) leading to an Examination conducted by the Council for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination, New Delhi.
All candidates for the Examination must enter for a minimum six subjects, Group I (Compulsory): English, a Second Language, History, Civics and Geography and two of the subjects listed under Group II and one subject listed under Group III and will be examined by the school in practicals/project work in English, the Second Language, History, Civics and Geography and the three subjects of their choice and in Socially Useful Productive Work and Community Service
The curriculum aims to enable children to:
- become successful learners who enjoy learning;
- successfully apply core concepts learnt from various subjects;
- understand texts of different subjects so as to communicate knowledge and ideas in ways specific to the subject;
- articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts;
- use technology to access and provide information and to communicate with others;
- understand cross-curricular linkages- connect learning across subject areas;
- become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society;
- understand and apply knowledge to real life experiences;
- develop a sense of responsibility towards others;
- function successfully in the local and world community;
- respect diversity (in terms of religion, gender, regions, etc. and differences of opinions and beliefs);
- exhibit sensitivity towards environmental issues.
Subjects for the ICSE Examination
|GROUP I: (Compulsory)||Percentage External Examination||Marks Internal Assessment|
|2. A Second Language (one/two)||80%||20%|
|3. History, Civics and Geography||80%||20%|
|GROUP II: |
(Any two/three of the following subjects)
|5. Science |
(Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
|7. A Modern Foreign Language||80%||20%|
(Any one of the following subjects)
|8. Computer Applications||50%||50%|
|9. Commercial Applications||50%||50%|
|10. Home Science||50%||50%|
|11. Physical Education||50%||50%|
|12. Western Music||50%||50%|
Internal Assessment: All subjects have components of Internal Assessment, on the basis of assignments/project work, practicals and course work. These marks are added to the component of the External Examination set and marked by the Council. For Assessment of Project Work at the ICSE level, working science models are not necessary and the physical presence of the candidate is not required during the assessment of the ICSE Project Work as no viva-voce is applicable.
Minimum Attendance Requirement: Candidates whose attendance is below 75% of the working days are ordinarily not eligible to sit for the Examination.
Internal Examination: Promotion from Class IX to Class X will be done on the basis of the cumulative achievement level of the student throughout the academic year in the subjects he/she has been registered for.
For promotions: A candidate is required to have obtained at least 33% marks in English plus best Four Subjects on the cumulative average and a minimum attendance of 75% of the working days. No other criteria will be used for promotion from Class IX to Class X. Promotions on trial/with re-examination/with grace marks will not be granted from Class IX to X.
Date of Examination: The printed timetable published by CISCE, New Delhi, will be made available to all Schools well before the commencement of the Board Examination.