The school council plays an important role in assisting our staff on all important events, academic ventures and non-academic high days.
There is a Standard Operation Procedure in place to elect them, in a very democratic method.
* We have about 29 Prefects that includes a school captain, vice- captain and house captain and house vice- captain.
SOP for election is as follows:
* House Counselors will shortlist the appropriate the names of candidates, who may be the best in ability, talent and soft skills to lead.
- The list of candidates will be discussed on a common platform by the respective teachers, coordinators and Prefects coordinator, Vice-Principal and Principal, thereby nominating the candidates who would be standing for the election.
- The electoral college consisting of students from Stds 7, 8,9,11 will exercise their franchise.
- The Prefect elect will then meet and both the staff and students will cast their vote to choose the Captain and the school Vice- Captain from again a short – listed names of candidates.
- Here the parity between both boys and girls are well maintained.
- The Prefect elect names are then announced officially by the Principal.